Got a few minutes? Watch this quick video of Russell Brand-isms. And then let’s reconnect below.
I’d risk sanity and my mother’s approval to, um, be in this guy’s orbit (I’ve previously said I’d marry the guy…is there a slightly watered down take on such a commitment that I could opt for?!).
Russell Brand is a big human spirit who traverses life’s bumpy path authentically and with a rawness that I think is geared at connecting and leading (leaving aside Get Him to the Greek). His mind expands beyond where most of us are at. He can get too big for his human experience…and this can be dangerous to observe (I once dated a guy like this, whose energy would trip like a kid running down a hill faster than his legs can carry him). But, gosh, his intent is good. (Brand’s, not so much my ex’s, as I learned a little too late.)
OK, got to the end of the video yet? This is what I took from it:
* We need to access our oneness. Actually, we must.
* We know it’s there. We know it’s important.
* It’s also inevitable that we do connect with this bigger background force…
* …and our slippery, seductive attempts to dance around and away from it are going to land to land us in strife. They already are. When something is inevitable, and we fight it, it will blow up.
* We’re still allowed to be “caught up” in life – in the playing out of it, the artifice, the fancy shoes, the nice candles, the need to have a night out at the movies; we can be thoroughly caught up in our ego – so long as we also access our oneness.